Looking for a place to stay for the week of October 8?
If you cannot find an affordable place to stay during the week of the Stampede, Die-in, and Beth’s East Coast celebration of ife, please contact Marissa Goldsmith. She will try to make accomodations in her home. Note, that may mean an air mattress on the living room floor.
Note: Marissa’s house is not exactly conveniently located near the events (with the exception of the celebration). And the Washington Metro system can be iffy at off-peak times, especially on the blue line. But there are several options:
- If you’re willing to leave at 7:00am and come home around 4:00pm, Marissa’s husband can take you in on his way to work. He works around Capitol Hill.
- There is a rush hour bus 3 blocks from the house that will take you to the Pentagon. From the Pentagon, it’s a pretty easy Metro ride into town.
- The house is about two miles from the Sprinfield Metro. If Marissa is around, she can give lifts to and from
- Uber’s abound in this area. An Uber ride to downtown can run $35-$55, depending on time of day. But you can do things like take an Uber to the Springfield metro
- If you have your car, you can always drive into DC. You should expect to pay $20-$30 for parking. You might get lucky and find street parking, but it’s only good for 2 hours.